Terms and Conditions
- Buyer Responsiblity
- Payment Terms & Tax
- Delivery & Acceptance
- Warranty & DOA
- RMA Process
- Web Orders
Ready Distribution sells to qualified resellers only. The buyer is responsible for ensuring that the purchased product is installed and maintained by properly trained and legally certified technician(s). The buyer is responsible to ensure that all legal requirements are met with regard to the proper installation, maintenance and use of the product purchased. Some examples of legal certification include, but are not limited to, F.A.C.T.A. compliance, P.C.I. compliance, network security, scale weights and measures certification and scanner accuracy compliance.
The buyer is responsible for ensuring that the product is installed, used and maintained in a manner that is in accord with the manufacturer’s warranty, installation specifications and operation specifications.
- The buyer is responsible for consulting the manufacturer’s documentation for information on proper installation.
Payment Terms & Tax
Terms: Ready Distribution offers the following payment options: Cash, COD - Cashiers Check or Company Check (on approval), VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Discover or Wire Transfer. Net payment terms are available on approved credit. To pay by company check, or net terms, you must submit a credit application. Credit applications are available by calling 800.255.6676. Credit applications can usually be processed in one to two business days. Relatively new businesses may require longer.
Invoices: Invoices are sent on same day that an order ships. Invoices are payable within terms established for the customer at the time of invoice creation. Any invoice still due one day after stated terms is considered past due. A 2% per month service charge will be added to all past due invoices. No additional credit will be extended to past due accounts unless satisfactory arrangements are made with our credit department.
Tax: Resellers must provide Ready Distribution with a valid state tax exemption certificate (where applicable). Any buyer without a valid state tax exemption certificate must pay all applicable sales and/or use taxes shown on the invoice. In addition, the buyer remains responsible for any payment of pertinent sales and/or use tax whether or not it is on the original product invoice. Any personal property taxes assessable on the product after delivery to the carrier shall be borne by the buyer.
Collection: Collection efforts shall begin on all outstanding invoices extending beyond payment terms established for your account. A minimum of three (3) contacts or billings requesting payment will be sent at 30-day intervals once an account becomes past due. An account becomes past due based on the terms of your account. If collection efforts of Ready Distribution have failed to produce payment, an account is then classified as defaulted. Any defaulted receivable shall be referred to a collection agency within a reasonable time after the final collection letter.
Sales Tax - Drop Shipments: Drop shipments to the state of California for resellers without a valid California Reseller’s Permit will have sales tax assessed for the total amount of taxable items plus a mark-up of 10 percent to the taxable amount, in accordance with state sales and use tax law. The tax is due even if the buyer does not have physical presence in the state of California and is due even if the buyer is not required to have a California Reseller’s Permit. For further information, please see the State of California, Board of Equalization Regulation 1706.
Delivery & Acceptance
Ready Distribution will provide the items as detailed on the product invoice. No guarantee is given that all of the appropriate cables or accessories are included for the proper installation and use of the product.
- The items shall be deemed accepted by the buyer when they have been physically delivered. The buyer shall inspect the items immediately upon delivery, and shall notify Ready Distribution immediately in writing of all defects in the items. Buyer shall immediately file claims with the carrier when there is evidence of shipping damage.
Warranty & DOA
Most of Ready Distribution’s products are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty. Warranty service is handled directly by the manufacturer. Please refer to the Ready Distribution product catalog for general information about the warranty policy and contact information for individual manufacturers.
Manufacturer’s warranty and DOA policies vary; please see the manufacturer’s web site for specific warranty terms & conditions.
Ready Distribution does not provide any warranty, express or implied, beyond the manufacturer’s warranty.
All sales from Ready Distribution are final when:
- The original product invoice date from Ready Distribution is more than 30 days old.
- The item is not in the original packaging, the item is missing parts and/or the item is missing any accessories
- The item is no longer in new condition, described as clean & without scratches or usage marks of any kind.
- These items can be returned to the manufacturer for repair, if they are under the manufacturer’s warranty
Returns are accepted within 30 days of original invoice date ONLY if:
- The product is complete and in its original packaging.
- The product is in new condition.
- The product is NOT a special order.
- The product is Defective on Arrival (DOA).
Products meeting the above criteria may be returned for credit or exchange. If the product is defective and is outside 30 days contact the manufacturer for repair.
- Before returning a product an RMA MUST be requested and approved.
- To request an RMA complete the RMA request form on the Ready Distribution website; www.readypos.com (User login required). Provide the following:
- Original Ready Distribution invoice number
- Product model number
- Product serial number
- Nature of problem
- If the request is approved a notification will be issued with an RMA number and a address for where to return the product. If the request is not approved a notification will be issued with an explanation as to the reason.
- The RMA number is valid for 15 days. After 15 days the returned product will not be accepted.
- Customer is responsible for all freight charges unless product is deemed DOA in which case ground freight for replacement product will be paid by Ready Distribution.
- Products being returned MUST be:
- In the original manufacturer's packaging.
- Clean and unmarred by scratches or other marks (i.e. writing on boxes).
- Complete with all manuals, cables, static bags, hardware, etc.
- Double boxed for return shipment.
- Shipped freight prepaid. Do NOT return product COD it will be refused.
- If the products do not meet the above criteria they will be subject to one of the following:
- Immediate refusal and return.
- A restocking fee of up 25%.
- After receiving and approving the RMA a credit will be issued. Allow up to 10 business days for processing of your return once received.
- There may be a restocking charge of up to 25% on any products that are returned as defective that have no problems. The minimum restocking charge is 5% or $25, whichever is more.
- Customers wishing to return products must obtain a return authorization from Ready Distribution. Call you account representative for a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number prior to shipment.
- RMA Numbers are valid for (15) fifteen days only. Product arriving at Ready Distribution without an RMA number, marked on the shipping label, will be returned unopened.
- The RMA will state where the product is to be returned.
The customer is responsible for all return freight charges.
To avoid additional fees or rejection of your return, all products must be returned in new condition. Specifically, all returns must be complete with manuals, cables, static bags, etc., just as it was received.
- Returned products must be clean & without scratches or usage marks of any kind. Products must be returned in the original manufacturer’s packaging, both inside & out. Do not write on the box.
- When calling for an RMA, please have the following information ready:
Ready Distribution Invoice Number
Reason for the Return.
Orders on our website are treated as purchase requests. The products, pricing and specifications on our website are generally correct, but we cannot guarantee product pricing, availability or specifications. Once you place an order on our website, we enter it into our fulfillment system. Our dedicated account managers will notify you of any changes to pricing, specifications or availability.
- Prices, product details, product specifications, terms & conditions are subject to change without notice.